The Department of World Languages at the University of South Florida is seeking candidates for an appointment to a nine-month position of Assistant Professor of Instruction, Applied Linguistics (non-tenure-track) effective August 08, 2022.
- Teach a combination of graduate and undergraduate courses in applied linguistics.
- Supervise GTAs.
- Serve as mentor for MA teaching interns.
- Participate in and contribute to program administration, assessment, and curriculum revision activities in Applied Linguistics.
Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate field of specialization or equivalent qualifications based on professional experience and otherwise qualified to perform assigned duties by August 08, 2022. Applications from individuals who are ABD will be accepted, but the degree must be conferred by appointment start date. Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor of Instruction.
- Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree from an accredited institution or the highest degree appropriate in the field of Applied Linguistics, TESL, or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Relevant professional experience needed to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated success in teaching a broad range of undergraduate courses (Introduction to Linguistics, SLA, Language and Society).
- Demonstrated success in teaching a broad range of graduate-level TESL courses, including Applied Linguistics, Grammatical Structure of American English, and Curriculum.
- Experience supervising doctoral-level graduate teaching assistants.
- Experience mentoring teaching interns in an ESL program.
- Experience with program assessment and administration in a TESL, Applied Linguistics or Linguistics program.
- Experience with online instruction.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Information for Applicants:
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening ID: 28644
Posting Date: 10/04/2021
Posting End Date/Application Deadline: 11/01/2021
Review of applications will begin 11/03/2021 - incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
Ms. Claudine Boniec
How To Apply:
>ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS VIA CAREERS@USF WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS POSITION<
To apply online, please visit https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/ (click on Access Careers@USF, find job opening by Advanced Search - Job Opening ID Number: 28644) and complete the required information and attaching all the materials below (REQUESTED MATERIAL MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT - if you cannot upload all materials under one attachment, please email them to the listed person of contact):
Application materials MUST include:
- A current CV
- Cover letter
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., course evaluations, plus sample syllabi and/or sample teaching materials)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (to be sent directly to Ms. Claudine Boniec, firstname.lastname@example.org, by the application deadline – these may be sent via a dossier service (i.e., Interfolio) or letter writers may send their letters directly via email. IMPORTANT: We will not directly reach out to your letter writers.)
Conclusion of this search is subject to final budget approval. According to Florida Law, applications and meetings regarding them are open to the public. USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. For disability accommodations, contact Claudine Boniec (813-974-5510 or email@example.com) a minimum of five (5) working days in advance.
USF is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. For information regarding USF, please visit our website at http://www.usf.edu