The Language Assessment Specialist is responsible for growing TOEFL ITP English language assessment sales in the United States. The Language Assessment Specialist will develop and execute a strategic marketing plan to grow the language assessment business by identifying leads, educating prospects on TOEFL ITP products, securing new clients, providing existing customers with exceptional support, exploring potential add-on services, and meeting sales goals. The Language Assessment Specialist will provide subject matter expertise on English language assessment to current and prospective clients and stakeholders. Daily activities are carried out independently under general supervision.
• Develop plan and budget to publicize, promote and sell TOEFL ITP in the United States including identifying domestic target markets from among IIE’s networks and beyond, developing a communications strategy and timeline, identifying virtual and in-person venues/exhibits/platforms for client engagement, and setting metrics (in collaboration with ETS).
• Coordinate with internal teams and ETS Marketing staff to follow-up on leads.
• Leverage product marketing collateral and tools provided by ETS.
• Onboard new clients with new test administration registration and training in test proctoring.
• Receive and process client orders on ETS sales management platform.
• Answer client questions about order status, proctoring, digital test operations, other FAQs.
• Based on client and stakeholder feedback, identify potential add-on services to increase sales.
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
• Requires at least five years of related work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Significant experience in English language assessment, teaching English as a foreign or second language, and in a sales, outreach, or admissions role.
• Strong understanding of the landscape of English language education and institutions in the United States.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills.
• Superior writing and editing skills and a thorough knowledge of the English language.
• Creativity and ability to suggest innovative yet practical solutions to new challenges.
• Knowledge of customer relationship management and database software, advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
To help promote and ensure the safety of our employees and those we work with, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees that have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or who object to being vaccinated based on a sincerely held religious belief, may request a reasonable accommodation.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.