KIPP Indy College Prep is seeking an ESL Teacher who will be responsible for providing high-quality instruction to students in grades grade 6-8.
Teachers at KIPP Indy College Prep are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their classroom that produces strong results and student understanding. Teachers will use data to inform their instruction and do whatever it takes for all students to learn. Teachers at KIPP Indy Unite are committed to leading and teaching through an anti-racist lens, will work to prepare students to become exceptional leaders who will make a positive impact on the world.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of student learning and effective teaching strategies for Emergent Bilingual Students
* Develop SIOP non-negotiables for instruction in the school and complete school-wide walkthroughs and evaluations
* Write and monitor ILPs and provide academic supports for emergent bilingual students
* Manage progress monitoring data for student language proficiency
* Implement student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
* Create and foster a positive learning environment
* Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents and families
* Attend school-wide events, such as open houses, family conferences, and other events involving families
* Consistently use assessment and data to set goals, inform decisions, and invest students in their progress
* Perform all duties related to your classroom including clerical duties relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
* Arrive at school by 7:30 a.m.
* Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including two weeks during the summer, weekly school-wide meetings, and ongoing racial equity trainings
* Provide time in the evening, by phone, for questions and concerns that students and/or families may have regarding education-related issues that could not be handled during the school day
* Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with all staff
* Meet all expectations and requirements as stated in the KIPP Indy Employee Handbook
* Willing to meet the varied and constant needs of the students and staff at KIPP Indy
* Uses data to solve problems
* Demonstrates tenacity, persevering through significant challenges to reach goals
* Manages time and resources effectively, prioritizing efforts according to organizational goals
* Communicates across lines of differences and proactively creates inclusive environments
* Holds high expectations for all students and expresses belief in their potential to become exceptional leaders who will make a positive impact on the world.