About EC English Language Centres:
EC offers superior English language programmes in the top English-speaking destinations around the world, together with French in Montreal. Our world-class facilities and an outstanding team have allowed us to evolve into a globally recognized and trusted brand. Our vision is to maintain our growth while helping students from all over the world succeed in a global community.
Our team is at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to have created an environment that will nurture your talent, explore your ideas and recognize your achievements. Together, we turn challenges into new opportunities to help us achieve more. We dream big and we work hard. We want you to dream big too and realize your own ambitions with us.
The Center Manager is responsible for all aspects of the academic leadership and operational management within the ESL school. They are responsible for creating a superior student centric learning experience through the delivery of an Academic product that exceeds the students' expectations, ensuring that teacher development drives great academic learning. They are also responsible for leading the team in the delivery of all aspects of the experience and product, financial and commercial management, Center growth and development, resource planning, and talent management with a strong focus on customer service quality. This role will ensure that all processes and procedures provide best practice in relation to accrediting/licensing bodies. Attention to detail and great communication is central to the role to ensure we deliver on our primary purpose of "helping students succeed in a global community."
- Responsible for the Center, keeping up to date with local market activities and competition.
- Ensuring that consistently excellent customer service is delivered to the students in all aspects of their experience - identifying areas of improvements through use of the tools and data provided, to ensure EC provides a clear differentiation in its customer service delivery.
- Developing sales opportunities and up-selling within the Center liaising with the Sales Team, hosting familiarization trips, developing and delivering a local market awareness strategy, to drive and convert walk - in sales.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of budgets, with continual tracking of financial performance and implementation of remedial actions as necessary to ensure delivery of agreed financial, academic and customer KPI's.
- Work with the Regional Center Director and Regional Academic Director to achieve the following academic KPI's:Classroom averages, Teacher Engagement, Student satisfaction (NPS), Student progress and Teaching delivery costs
- In conjunction with Group Accommodation plan and source appropriate accommodation to meet student demand at all times in a cost-efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient use of resources in all aspects of the running of the Center.
- Ensuring that business plan objectives are met, and strong relationships are built with key delivery partners as well with other centers and support functions.
- Optimize team performance through effective performance management and setting development goals accordingly, building an effective, motivated and accountable team and a solid succession plan.
- Working with Compliance Director ensure all internal and external (local legislation, authorities and accrediting bodies) compliance requirements are met, with accreditation of the highest order obtained on inspection.
- Serve as backup SEVP Designated School Official supporting the student visa/immigration process
- Ensure timely and accurate reports are delivered as requested by the management team.
- Ensure that the right mechanisms are in place to ensure the welfare of the students
- Build a highly engaged, high performing and customer focused teaching team with an appropriate range of expertise, through efficient recruitment procedures, robust induction and inspiring leadership
- Organize student assessment, needs analysis and student academic induction on students' first day
- Implement and ensure agreed EC Teacher Standards for classroom practice and staff room collaboration
- Ensure the smooth management of the academic department through effective administrative systems and delegation of administrative tasks
- Ensure that the academic progress and needs of the students are being met, by actively seeking feedback, investigating and solving any problems, counselling students on learning needs and maintaining a balance between company policy and student benefit in decision‐making
- Build and maintain a continuous learning culture for learners and staff
- Participate in in‐company and industry events and trainings and promotes and facilitates best practice through active collaboration with other EC schools and departments
- Liaise with the Sustainability Head to ensure that Social Responsibility is incorporated within the center experience
- Diploma in EFL (Cambridge, Trinity or equivalent) / DELTA
- Experience managing a team
- Working in a multi‐cultural environment
- Teacher training experience
- Minimum one-year experience managing a team
Our values underpin everything we do:
- We love what we do
- We go the extra mile
- We have a can-do mindset
- We deliver what we promise
Job Specific Competencies:
- Integrating Information
- Managing the Business
- Empowering Teams
- Accomplishing Targets
Equality and Diversity:
Equality and diversity are at the heart of everything we do. Our learning opportunities are open to everyone, regardless of their background and circumstances, and we apply the same standards to the staff we employ.
Have a look around some of our schools and check out how we market ourselves to our students on our YouTube channel.