Per Diem ESL Substitute - USC International Academy
The USC International Academy, in Strategic and Global Initiatives, is seeking Per Diem ESL Substitute Teachers to help students achieve academic and professional goals through high-quality instruction in English as a Second Language and university preparation.
This position is responsible for providing English skills to individuals whose primary language is not English. The Per Diem – ESL Substitute works with students on academic areas in relation to reading, writing, grammar, speaking and listening, based on students’ needs.
- M.A. (in hand) or Ph.D. in TESL, ESL, Linguistics or Second Language Acquisition
- Minimum of 1 year of IEP teaching experience with demonstrated excellence in classroom teaching
- Experience teaching ESL and/or teaching EAP at the university level or in conditional acceptance programs with adult learners
- Desire to teach all skills across all levels of English proficiency
- Computer literacy, media literacy, experience with blended learning