About EC English Language Centres: EC offers superior English language programmes in the top English-speaking destinations around the world, together with French in Montreal. Our world-class facilities and an outstanding team have allowed us to evolve into a globally recognized and trusted brand. Our vision is to maintain our growth while helping students from all over the world succeed in a global community.
Our team is at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to have created an environment that will nurture your talent, explore your ideas and recognize your achievements. Together, we turn challenges into new opportunities to help us achieve more. We dream big and we work hard. We want you to dream big too and realize your own ambitions with us.
Reporting to: Regional Centre Director
Position: Director of Studies
The Director of Studies is responsible for all aspects of the academic leadership and management within the school. They are responsible for creating a superior student centric learning experience through the delivery of an Academic product that exceeds the students' expectations, ensuring that teacher development drives great academic learning. They are also responsible for ensuring that the academic processes and procedures provide best practice in relation to accrediting/licensing bodies.
- Assists the Centre Director with the overall management and leadership of the centre and to meet the centres agreed key performance indicators
- Ensures that all the academic requirements as stipulated by the regulatory bodies as best practice are implemented and maintained in the school
- Builds a highly engaged, high performing and customer focused teaching team with an appropriate range of expertise, through efficient recruitment procedures, robust induction and inspiring leadership
- Work with the Centre Director and Regional Academic Director to achieve the following academic KPI's:
- Classroom averages
- Teacher Engagement
- Student satisfaction (NPS)
- Student progress
- Teaching delivery costs
- Organise student assessment, needs analysis and student academic induction on first day
- Develops the academic and teaching team through developmental observation personalised development plans, team and individual training. Promotes success through coaching and counselling, and setting performance standards to achieve high performance and meet the teaching standards of the organisation
- Implements and ensures agreed teacher standards for classroom practice and staff room collaboration
- Ensures the smooth management of the academic department through effective administrative systems and delegation of administrative tasks
- Collaborate with other EC schools and share best practice
- Ensures that the academic progress and needs of the students are being met, by actively seeking feedback, investigating and solving any problems, counselling students on learning needs and maintaining a balance between company policy and student benefit in decision‐making
- Builds a continuous learning culture for learners and staff
- Participates in in‐company and industry events and trainings and promotes and facilitates best practice through active collaboration with other EC schools and departments
- Liaise with the Social Responsibility Manager to ensure that Social Responsibility is incorporated within the centre's academic programme
- A Masters in Education
- Diploma in EFL (Cambridge, Trinity or equivalent) / DELTA
- Experience of managing a team
- Working in a multi‐cultural environment
- Teacher training experience
- Experience of working with a budget
- We love what we do
- We go the extra mile
- We have a can-do mindset
- We deliver what we promise
Job Specific Competencies:
Accurately assimilating information from a variety of sources and recognising connections and relationships between data to establish a robust and coherent picture of the situation. Using this understanding to generate possible courses of action and draw accurate conclusions.
Adeptly managing multiple projects, securing and monitoring the appropriate resources, tracking results and producing progress reports to key stakeholders. Adapting approach as required, to ensure achievement of objectives.
Developing direct reports in a holistic, multifaceted way through regular feedback, a clear understanding of strengths and areas for development and implementation the most appropriate interventions to address needs and harness strengths.
Working in formal and informal teams towards a common goal. Promoting cooperation and the sharing of ideas. Using a varied style and types of communication as appropriate to the population.
Maintaining high levels of productivity and quality or work during times of pressure or change. Demonstrating self-control and measured self-assurance and well-reasoned tenacity to ensure that performance is maintained.