Adjunct Faculty - Pre University Program - Vancouver
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Department: School of English,Philosophy&Humanities-Vancouver
College: University College
Position Type: Faculty
Faculty Rank: Adjunct Faculty
Salary: Per Credit
The Pre-Master's Program at FDU , Vancouver Campus is accepting applications for a sessional instructor for the fall 2019 trimester to teach a related set of EPS 5099 and EPS 5199 courses.
This contract is for 12 contact hours per week over a 15 week trimester, from September 9th to December 14th, 2019, with the potential for an ongoing appointment depending on enrollments.
The opening is for the following courses:
EPS 5099 V7 MW 03:00PM-05:50PM (6 hrs per week)
EPS 5199 V13 W 06:00PM-08:50PM (3 hrs per week)
EPS 5199 V14 TH 06:00PM-08:50PM (3 hrs per week)
In the Pre-Master's Program , students take a limited number of academic credits while they hone their academic writing and speaking skills to prepare them for full-time study at the university.
For more information about the program, please visit: http://view2.fdu.edu/vancouver-campus/learning-support-services/the-pre-masters-program/
Education & Experience
• A Master's Degree in a relevant area. (A Bachelor's Degree with specialization in TESL or a recognized TESL certificate program will also be considered)
• A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in ESL / EAL at the post-secondary level, with a minimum of 2 years in academic preparation including academic writing.
• Experience in instructional materials development for professional adult learners.
• Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check.
Posting Date: 06/27/2019
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted: Faculty ProfileSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you legally eligible for employment in Canada? Verification will be required upon employment.
- Please indicate your Canadian employment status
- Canadian Citizen
- Permanent Resident
- Not Applicable
Required Documents Cover LetterCurriculum Vitae Optional Documents ResumeFooter goes here
To ensure the security of your data, you will be logged out due to inactivity in 3 minutes at
Any data not saved will be lost.
Click 'OK' to keep your session active.