English as a Second Language (ESL/ELL) Teacher
Hamadeh Educational Services is seeking a talented English as a Second Language ( ESL/ELL) Teacher to join our team! The ESL teacher will work closely with students encouraging communication through the use of structures and vocabulary they have learned and improve their language skills through listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
The Academies mission is to provide their students with a quality education that focuses on a core curriculum and international cultures including the study of language. The academies provide an education of the whole child by integrating different diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds to their college-preparatory program serving families in the Greater Detroit area.
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in the study of Education
- Must have a Michigan Teacher Certification with either a K-8, 6-12 or K-12 endorsement in ESL
- Thorough knowledge of Michigan Core Curriculum
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in culturally diverse setting
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Flexible, open minded, self driven team member
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Hamadeh Educational Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provides engaging lesson plans to adhere to the curriculum for the grade level
- Implements appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, and materials
- Ensures comprehension of learning styles and student needs
- Creates and implements lesson plans to show modifications for differences in student learning styles
- Uses analytics and data to help drive instruction and promote learning
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Plans activities and projects that are relevant to the students' needs
- Performs other duties as may be assigned