Valparaiso University (Valpo) seeks English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Lecturers to teach in its dual-degree program at Dalian Jiaotong University (DJTU) in the city of Dalian, Liaoning Province, China, beginning in the Fall, 2021 semester. Instructors will teach during the Fall and Spring semesters at DJTU. While letters of appointment are renewable at the discretion of the University, the intention is that Instructors join the Valpo team for as long as possible.
- Teaches 20 hours of EAP courses to Chinese national students employing approved curricula:
- Reading and Writing
- Speaking and Listening
- Technical English
- Develops relationships with students and serves as an ambassador of Valpo by actively exemplifying the culture, values, and standards of the University and encourages students’ matriculation to Valpo
- Participates in the on-going development of curriculum, courses, assessments, and materials
- High level of spoken and written English proficiency
- MA TESOL, MA in Applied Linguistics, MA in Second Language Teaching, MA with TESOL certification.
- Other master’s degrees may be considered if it can be demonstrated you possess significant and sustained experience teaching EAP/ESP/ESOL/EFL/ESL, especially in a higher education context
- Minimum 2 years’ full-time post-master’s experience of teaching, assessing and/or developing materials for EAP courses within a higher education (e.g. on a foundation year level)
- Knowledge of Mandarin
- International academic experience, especially in China
- Curriculum design experience for both in-person and online modalities
Salary is commensurate with education, qualifications, and work experience. Lecturers qualify for Valpo medical benefits and receive generous subsidies for accommodation and travel, including relocation. Non-Chinese passport holders may qualify for multi-year income tax “holidays”, depending on nationality and tax residency.
Please submit an application letter, detailed resume (curriculum vita), statement of teaching interests, and the name and contact information for three references to Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/88694. Employment at Valparaiso University will require a satisfactory criminal background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Valparaiso University does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to develop and support a diverse community. Its entire EOE policy can be found at http://www.valpo.edu/general-counsel/policies/equal-opportunity-policy/