Director of English Language Services & Basic Skills
2 days left
- Job Type
Initiates, coordinates, and supervises all English as a Second Language programs and services; including, the English Language Institute (ELI), Basic English Language Skills (BELS), Citizenship Preparation, the Refugee Assistance Program (RAP), the Refugee Youth Project, and Refugee Employment Training Program as well as other workplace, individual literacy initiatives, and job readiness/life skills.
- Assume Institutional leadership and responsibility for integration and success of Development (ELI) continuing education students into main-stream non-credit occupational and credit programs
- Oversee development and management as well as monitor the level of quality instructional services for approximately 60 off-campus sites throughout the Baltimore metropolitan area and state-wide; these sites are designed to deliver all types of ESL related programming
- Oversee development of range of curriculum for academic English, workplace, family literacy, volunteer training and other related instruction programs and supervise program offerings.
- Oversee all aspects of English Language programs, including, but not limited to: curriculum development, contract arrangements, faculty recruitment and orientation, budget negotiation, logistical arrangements, student testing and placement, report complications, resource development, student retention, and program/staff evaluation, partner relations and agreements.
- Oversee development, funding, and implantation of systemic student outcomes focused ESL adjunct faculty development program.
- Supervise the management of all grant-funded programs and activities and seek alternate sources of funding to increase services and provide support for ESL students.
- Oversee all ESL budget.
- Serve on committees to enhance workforce development within the City and State.
- Responsible for generating FTEs and enrollments for the division.
- Set vision and directions for Workforce Development ESL programs.
- Work to improve effectiveness and quality of communication and coordination of support services with Offices College wide in service of student retention and success.
- Develop customize contractual ESL and related services.
- Develop support structures and processes to effectively administer all ESL programs and collaborate and coordinate efforts with offices and staff college wide in support of student success.
- Established and nurture partnerships with key community leaders, other ESL providers the Maryland State Department of Education, the Department of Labor and Licensing Regulations, the Maryland Office of Employment Development, the Maryland Office for Refugee Affairs, and the Department of Human Resources to support and assist in the development of ESL programs.
- Plan and oversee Budgets for all ESL Programs
- Assesses Community needs for ESL programs and services and develops, supervise, and evaluate credit and non-credit programs to address those needs
- Supervise and negotiate funding for statewide citizenship initiatives.
- Work with faculty and staff to match college resources to educational needs of the community.
- Plan, initiate, and oversee marketing efforts
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree