Behavior Analyst - BCBA
A career at Easterseals Midwest is more than a job -- it is an opportunity to make a positive difference in people's lives every day. Behavior Analysts are the link to the community for those they serve and is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we provide every day. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization.
The Behavior Analyst is responsible for successfully conducting applied behavior analysis and therapy with individuals with autism spectrum disorders and for maintaining regular communication with the client's family and/or staff to promote continuity in behavioral application of strategies and to share successes as they occur.
** Due to funding requirements, successful candidates must be BOARD CERTIFIED as a Behavior Analyst.
- Provide direct behavior analysis services to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders or other developmental disabilities and their families, including:
- Training parents and caregivers in Applied Behavior Analysis strategies
- Working directly with clients to progress toward goals and record goals
- Modeling strategies for parents and caregivers
- Giving feedback to parents and caregivers in their implementation of protocols
- Supervising implementers/tutors in their implementation of protocols
- Complete treatment planning activities, including writing program protocols and designing data collection systems.
- Complete a variety of assessments, including but not limited to: Functional Behavior Assessment, VB-MAPP, ABLLs, Essentials for Living (EFL).
- Write behavior intervention plans for clients with problematic behavior.
- Lead social group interventions, including PEERS®.
- Attend IEP meetings and deliver presentations to parents, community members, and other service providers.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Creativity, flexibility, dependability and patience.
- Be willing to travel and work during evening hours
- Education: Master's degree in psychology, social work, education, or related field. Current license/certification or action to procure license/certification started.
- Experience: At least two years of successful work experience in conducting therapy or education. Knowledge of treatment and therapies for individuals with ASD especially applied behavior analysis techniques.
****We are looking to hire BCBA's in several locations throughout Missouri, including: Springfield, Kansas City, Poplar Bluff, and St.Louis. ****