Head Start (Pre School) ESL Teacher
Head Start and Early Head Start Programs provide early, continuous, intensive, and comprehensive child development and family support services to low-income infants, toddlers, pre-school children and their families, and pregnant women and their families.
Teachers plan, implement, and supervise all classroom activities. This position works with typically developing children and children with disabilities. The position works in tandem with an integrated team to support the goals of the program.
- Work with program management and specialist staff to ensure that the classroom environment and activities meet all applicable local, state and federal regulations including, but not limited to: program policies and procedures, Head Start Program Performance Standards, Texas Education Agency, NAEYC Accreditation Standards and TDFPS (Child Care Licensing) regulations.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, captures the interest of children, is engaging and developmentally appropriate.
- Plan and implement the prescribed NCI curriculum through learning experiences that advance the intellectual, social and physical development of children.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and daily routines for children in accordance with each child's need, based on a method of observing and recording children's interests and current levels of functioning.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, based on authentic, performance-based assessment and research that is consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Screens, observes and documents progress in program prescribed assessment system.
- Communicates regularly with parents regarding their children's academic and developmental progress and documents the communications.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for Teaching Assistants and volunteers.
- Perform professional responsibilities in terms of regular attendance, maintenance of accurate records and timely submission of reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)