Teach the English language, American culture, and basic computer skills to the Ministry of National Guard (MNG) personnel to assist them in achieving the mission goal of English language qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches English to MNG personnel, to include:
- Preparation of daily lesson plans.
- Development of supplementary materials.
- Use of appropriate techniques in the classroom.
- Assigning and grading homework.
- Providing remedial instruction when required.
- Follows Vinnell and ELTS administrative regulations.
- Meets established deadlines.
- Presents a neat, professional appearance in the workplace.
- Demonstrates a positive, constructive attitude toward the job, fellow workers, and the ELTS.
- Demonstrates initiative and professionalism in the solving of pedagogical and administrative problems.
- Substitutes for the Principal Trainer when required.
- Performs other mission- or administrative-related duties as required or assigned.
- M.A. in teaching English as a Second Language or Education.
- B.A. or B.S. in Linguistics.
- B.A or B.S. in English or a foreign language.
- B.A. or B.S. in any discipline plus a Certification in Teaching English as a foreign or second language.
B. Experience: Minimum two years teaching English as a foreign language or second language.
C. Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements: High level of English proficiency; training at American universities; ability to teach and evaluate students effectively; skill in managing a class; skill in using language lab equipment; skill in using SMART Boards. Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Professional software. Valid driver’s license a plus.
All interested applicants should apply through www.vinnellarabia.com by clicking on the Careers tab and either Aviation or Non-Aviation buttons. Use the Key Word field to search "ELT" or "Instructor ELT". When submitting an application, submit a copy of your resume, a “Letter of No Objection” if employed in Saudi Arabia during past two years, two letters of recommendation, DD Form 214 if applicable (discharge certificate for prior military), civilian education diplomas and transcripts plus an English teaching certificate (e.g. TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc.) if required, and a valid U.S. Passport. Ensure all documents are uploaded to your application for each position for which you apply.