The New Hampshire Job Corps Center is seeking a dynamic, positive professional to be a part of a thriving team!
Do you enjoy working with young adults, flourish in a fast paced environment, and appreciate the rewards that come with success? Then check out the opportunities at the New Hampshire Job Corps Center, a federally funded, residential vocational training facility. Our mission is to provide cost-free, career-based technical and academic training along with job placement assistance to low-income youths ages 16-24.
Responsible for the training of students in the academic side of the Job Corps program to coincide with Company/DOL requirements.
- Provide students with basic direction, elementary level math instruction, and assistance in a classroom setting.
- May provide instruction in math, reading, writing, ESL, HiSet and/or PennFoster.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, and study habits.
- Coordinates with on-Center Counselors and other staff as necessary to ensure student success and completion of the Job Corps academic programming.
- Develop and prepare lesson plans, participate in student evaluation panels, and complete case notes for each student.
- Maintain comprehensive student files to include an internal tracking system for achievement and progress.
- Administer and grade tests, maintain progress reports, and attendance reports.
- Maintain good classroom management and hold students accountable to program expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school required.
- A valid in-State teaching certification or waiver required.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service
- Paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance, and Identity Theft
- Monday - Friday: 7:45am-4:45pm
Adams and Associates, Inc. is a 100% employee owned company subcontracted to run Job Corps Centers under the guidance of the DOL.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)