230000 WIDA Director of Test Development
1 day left
- Job Type
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Job number # 230000-AS
WIDA Director of Test Development
Degree and area of specialization:
Master's degree required in the field of applied linguistics, second language development, or English as a second or additional language, all with a specialty in assessment development.
Full Time 100%
Minimum $90,000 annual (12 months) - Depending on qualifications
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of 5-years of leadership experience in a large-scale, summative assessment program, preferably English as a second or additional language assessment program.
- Minimum of 2-years of experience successfully managing a team in a director or leadership role.
- Minimum 2-years of experience managing large-scale projects with challenging deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in managing assessment development projects from inception to implementation, including design, development, piloting, field testing, and operation administration.
- An in-depth knowledge of assessment development processes and familiarity with the psychometric activities associated with the development of large-scale assessments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A value of promoting and fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A willingness to engage in and deepen knowledge of WIDA's Social Justice program.
WIDA, an organization within the University of Wisconsin-Madison Wisconsin Center for Education Research, provides trusted tools and resources for educators of multilingual learners in early care and education programs through Grade 12 (wida.wisc.edu). WIDA offers a fully integrated, research-based academic language development system, including language standards, assessments, professional learning, research, and technical assistance. For a brief overview of WIDA, you can view our introduction video at https://vimeo.com/373209088. This position will be housed within WIDA's Assessment Department and will report to the Senior Director of Assessment. The Director of Test Development will manage and direct the assessment development team as they develop WIDA's assessments from initial inception to operational implementation. This position will be responsible for leading the development of innovative language assessments for PreK-12 students, serve as a liaison to other departments to ensure broad stakeholder and project sponsor satisfaction, and assist in conducting test development-related research in collaboration with external partners.Position Summary:
While it is preferred that the selected candidate live in or relocate to the Madison area, WIDA will consider telecommuting for the right candidate. Visit https://madison.wisc.edu/ for more information on what Madison has to offer.
WIDA is committed to challenging linguistic discrimination, cultural biases, and racism in education. WIDA values linguistic and cultural diversity both as an end and a means for success in the field of education. As such, we strongly encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates who champion social justice as a core value.
- Oversee WIDA's assessment development and design activities for WIDA assessments.
- Oversee WIDA's assessment development vendor activities.
- Direct and manage WIDA's assessment development project team leads.
- Oversee WIDA's Assessment Graduate Student Internship Program.
- Support WIDA's assessment validation research agenda.
- Manage the test development team, which includes direct supervision of 5 employees, a graduate student, and indirect supervision of 3 employees.
- Represent WIDA and present research findings at relevant conferences.
- Pursue publication of research in peer-reviewed journals and edited volumes.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, go to https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/507142/wida-director-of-test-development, click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process. As part of the application process, you will be required to upload a CV, a cover letter addressed to Dr. Gary Cook, and a list of 3 professional references. Please provide contact information for your current supervisor. We will not reach out to anyone without communicating with you first.
For a complete job description and to apply for this position, please go to https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/507142/wida-director-of-test-development
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information.)
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion