Education, skills, and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in political science, international communications, or related field
- Three-five years of work experience and demonstrated success in government relations, public policy, communications, or related area that involved policy research
- Work experience in an association or other non-profit organization preferred.
- Exceptional communications skills, including professional writing, editing and verbal skills for a variety of external audiences.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of public policy and the issues impacting education
- Knowledge of international education and policy desired
- Strong technical experience, including working with a website content management system, email distribution system, and social media
- Media relations experience, including writing press releases and statements, building media lists, and collecting media mentions desired
TESOL International Association offers a prime Alexandria, VA location conveniently located near the King St metro station, competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance, 403(b) retirement, and the opportunity to work with a high-performing, dynamic group of colleagues in a friendly environment.
TESOL International Association is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. TESOL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history by January 31, 2016 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.